ECO-FRIENDLY, SUSTAINABILITY, ETHICAL AND SOCIALLY CONSCIOUS PRACTICES
Handmade by Mindy does everything possible to ensure her products, packaging, engagement are all following processes and procedures that are eco-friendly, sustainable, ethically and morally responsible and socially conscious. Here’s a highlight of these best practices.
- Biodegradable and compostable tissue paper, corrugated boxes, crinkle kraft paper filler and boxes, 100% recycled white sticker paper.
- Ting bunches and sola flowers: Sola flowers are made from the wooden root of a sustainable plant, so you don’t have to worry about contributing to any extra waste or other unsustainable practices.
- Natural dried flowers
- 100% cotton bakers twine
- PET plastic jars: PET plastic is not single-use — it is 100% recyclable, versatile, and made to be remade.
- We use plastic instead of glass due to the high risk of it breaking.
- 100% natural
- 100% safe, pure and non-toxic
- Each product is handmade in small batches without any fillers like water or alcohol – so a little goes a long way. Products are never tested on animals, are free of parabens, sulfates and petroleum.
- BEESWAX: Beeswax has antibacterial properties and is a great source of vitamin A. It soothes dry and itchy skin and also protects and moisturizes skin.
- KOKUM BUTTER: Is deeply healing, intensely moisturizing, and adds extra rich texture. Kokum butter has antioxidant properties and deeply softens skin.
- SHEA BUTTER: Has healing and strengthening properties. It moisturizes skin, is high is essential fatty acids, and vitamins A, E, and F.
- LEUCIDAL LIQUID: Derived from Radish Root fermented with Leuconostoc kimchii, Leucidal Liquid is a natural, plant-based preservative. This preservative consists of a peptide that has been shown to have antimicrobial benefits. Peptides have been found to provide skin moisturization properties. Leucidal Liquid is water-soluble, naturally derived, odorless, and has a broad spectrum of antibacterial activity.
- VITAMIN E: Vitamin E is packed with antioxidants that soothe and repair damaged skin cells. It also promotes healthy hair growth and prevents scar tissue.
- SUGAR: Exfoliates the skin to remove dead skin cells and soften skin. Because of natural glycolic acid, it also exfoliates on a chemical level rather than by abrasion alone.
- COCONUT OIL: Coconut Oil is the ultimate moisturizer and provider of essential nutrients and vitamins. It has saturated fats that help lock in moisture.
- JOJOBA OIL: Jojoba Oil is rich in vitamin E, B, zinc, and selenium. This oil absorbs quickly, is non-greasy, and alleviates dry skin. The oil’s chemical structure is almost identical to our naturally produced sebum; it balances skin, locks in moisture, and is high in vitamins.
- ESSENTIAL OILS: An essential oil is a concentrated hydrophobic liquid containing volatile chemical compounds from plants. Essential oils are also known as volatile oils, ethereal oils, aetheroleum, or simply as the oil of the plant from which they were extracted, such as oil of clove.
- EMULSIFYING WAX: Is a complete vegetable-derived non-ionic product used to create oil-in-water emulsions or to prevent mold from growing if water is introduced. It assists in improving the consistency and texture of final products without leaving a greasy film on the outer skin after application
- CETYL ALCOHOL: Cetyl alcohol is a flaky, waxy, white solid often derived from coconut, palm, or vegetable oil. It’s used as a thickener in lotions, salves, body butters, and more.
Handmade by Mindy is just that, handmade. Limited inventory is kept on-hand and most is customized to each order. Orders are processed as quickly as possible, typically within 5 business days. If you need your order by a certain date please contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org so that I can confirm production time for your specific needs.
Smaller Batches = Better Quality
Feel good knowing that your products have not been sitting on a shelf collecting dust for months. Experience the difference of handcrafted, hand-poured, hand-pressed, and customized small-batch items!
Items ship via USPS from North Carolina, typically within 5-7 business days from when the order was placed. However, I try to get your happy mail out as fast as I can 🙂 Order arrival times vary by delivery location. Note, if you need this shipped internationally I have to charge full shipping costs due to high shipping prices.
Refund, Exchanges, Returns
It is important to me that you are 110% happy with your purchase. If for any reason you are not, please contact me at email@example.com to discuss your concerns as quickly as possible.
If you remain completely unsatisfied with your product, and are within 30 days of purchase, a refund can be issued. Refunds will be issued via the original form of payment.
Exchanges or returns of items are not accepted at this time.